Saturday, May 29, 2010

zucchini and sweet onion saute




Okay, so this is as simple as it gets--so simple, you're probably wondering why it even gets its own post--what can I say? I love zucchini fresh from the garden! This was my favorite breakfast last summer, believe it or not. We picked our first two yesterday. Care to guess what we ate with dinner? Costata Romanesco is my all time favorite zucchini-type to grow and eat! The scalloped edges are pretty in any dish...

3 tsbp cold pressed olive oil
1 sweet onion, sliced
4 zukes, sliced
salt and pepper to taste

Heat olive oil over a med flame (love my cast iron skillet for this, by the way). Throw in onions and zucchini. Stir to separate zucchini slices. Place a lid on skillet. Stir every minute or so until onion is translucent and zucchini is tender. Salt and pepper to taste. Eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment