Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

My husband bought me this for Christmas and now that the weather is turning, it's time to get it out and get crankin'!  (Er, plug it in)  I am so excited for this coming hot season (and believe me, it WILL come!).  I love ice cream.  Factor in that we don't eat dairy, and then add the cost of yummy vegan ice cream in stores and THEN add the fact that our little health food store only carries 3 varieties of one brand (vanilla, chocolate and mint chocolate chip) and you've got one sad girl...until now.  Home made ice cream is too easy!  Just mix ingredients in the blender and then pour into the ice cream maker for 20 minutes, tops.  My husband and I made this vegan raspberry recipe the other night for our date after the kiddos were in bed.  Ice cream and old tv shows like The Andy Griffith Show and The Dick Van Dyke Show--who could ask for more?

--Vegan Raspberry Chocolate Chip Ice Cream--

In your blender, mix:

1 can coconut milk, whole fat (I like Thai Kitchen)
1/3 c. agave nectar
3 cups frozen raspberries
1/2 tsp. vanilla bean powder (it's a new love of mine--I got mine at mountain rose herbs) or sub vanilla exract; just make sure it's gluten free like Simply Organics.

Pour into ice cream maker and follow your machine's directions.  Add 1/4 c. chocolate chips (we use Enjoy Life brand) when the icecream is setting but not quite frozen.  Serve with your favorite old-time sitcom.

No comments:

Post a Comment