Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Autumn Salad with Orange Vinaigrette

I don't have a picture of this one.  It is, though, one of my favorite salads, so I ought to have a picture.  I like this salad just about anytime.  My aunt introduced this to us.  I just made the dressing a little more healthy....The Orange Vinaigrette I use in the broccoli salad is also the one I use in this salad as well.  {See how resourceful I am?}  Or how versatile this vinaigrette is, perhaps.

12-14 c. mixed greens (baby greens are excellent, otherwise, tear into bite-sized bits)
2 avocadoes, sliced or
2 c. red seedless grapes
6-8 oz. artichoke hearts (make certain they are GF!--I use Trader Joes)
1 small red onions, thinly sliced
1c. toasted walnuts or pecans

Toss ingredients.  Add vinaigrette
You can make this ahead of time, not adding the vinaigrette and avocado until serving.  Actually, I prefer not to toss the dressing in the salad but let each serve themselves; that way, I'm not left with any soggy leftovers.  (My brother once made this ahead of time in the vinaigrette...he learned his lesson, poor guy. Soggy, soggy, soggy...;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment