Friday, June 11, 2010

Blueberry Millet Blender Pancakes

It's taken me awhile to figure out pancakes since going egg free. (Okay, one daughter is egg free so if I make anything for the family it is egg free and pancakes are no exception.) I was doing brown rice as the grain and any gluten free grain would probably work just fine, but I am enamored with millet at the moment...

Blueberry Millet Blender Pancakes

In a blender:

2 c. millet
water an inch above millet (how's that for exact?)
1 ripe banana
1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
1 tbsp flax seed

I usually soak the grain overnight (this will help if your blender is not exactly a powerhouse)
Blend on high for 2 minutes.
ADD: 3 tsp rumford baking powder
ADD: one cup blueberries (frozen works too)
Heat skillet (I use my castiron) and then add some coconut oil. Cook on med-med high heat. Serve with raw honey or maple syrup. MMM.





This Bloggers DH found a new twist to these lovely cakes ...
Shown here are cinnamon raisin cakes with Maranatha chunky peanut butter, banana slices, raisins, drizzled raw honey and ground raw pumpkin seeds .... MMMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment