Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Roasted Corn Salsa

I've been making this salsa for so many years I've got it memorized. I *think* the original recipe came from my aunt who got it??? Well, wherever it came from, it's here to stay. This is my go-to for potluck's and I'm always asked for the recipe.

Broil til golden:
4 cups frozen or fresh corn
Remove from oven and cool.

Meanwhile, slice, dice and mix:
2 cups black beans
4 green onions, sliced
1 small red onion, diced
4 (or more) cloves garlic, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
one c. cilantro chopped (makes about 1/2 c. once chopped)
1/3 c. cold pressed olive oil
4 limes, juice of
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
salt and pepper to taste

Add cooled corn, mix well. Serve with chips, on burros, tacos, grilled chicken, any Mexican dish, really. Or just eat by the spoonful like I do.


PS--I keep forgetting to add pictures! I'll have to come back to that. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment