Friday, October 8, 2010

Confetti Rice Salad

This is my version of a recipe my husband's mother made for a party. Originally, it was found in a Taste of Home cookbook. My kids all like this so I'll often make it for lunch. Last time, I roasted my own red sweet peppers from the garden--so, so good!

4 cups cooked rice (I have used both basmati brown or white)
2 cups cooked black beans
3/4-1 cup roasted red peppers
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
4 green onions, diced (including greens)
1/4 cup cold pressed olive oil
4-6 TBSP raw apple cider vinegar
2 TBSP water
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper

In a large bowl, toss all ingredients. Chill 2 hrs. Serve in a large glass bowl (because it's pretty). Serves 4-6 people depending whether it's the main course or a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment