Sunday, November 14, 2010

Chili Roasted Sweet Potatoes

I think sweet potatoes are my favorite fall food.  Or apples.  Or pumpkin.  Hmm...it's tough to choose!  This recipe is another super easy, lazy recipe.  If it isn't totally noticeable, I really like one-dish meals or meals that you prep and then throw in the oven or crock pot to forget about til it's done.  I try to do most of the work in the morning; late afternoons tend to be chaotic--everyone is getting hungry and probably tired too.  The baby (there usually is one in these-here-parts) is fussier just when I need to get dinner going and needs mama.  So this falls into that "easy prep" category for me.  I never seem to make enough of these...

CHILI ROASTED SWEET POTATOES

sweet potatoes
cold or first pressed olive oil
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp chili powder (I sometimes change it up with cumin)
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Wash and cut sweet potatoes into wedges.  Toss with olive oil.  (Please do this in a bowl, otherwise you may have a bit of a mess on your hands, lol.)  Toss again with sea salt, chili powder,  and garlic powder.  Bake at 400 degrees for 25-35 minutes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment