Saturday, November 20, 2010

Maple-Glazed Sweet Potatoes

I mentioned I love sweet potatoes, right?  Right now, I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner.  We have a church Thanksgiving dinner party tonight that the kids are really excited about.  I've got the turkey and stuffing in the oven, the crust for the pumpkin pie done, the pumpkin roasted, and got a hankering for some sweet potatoes with maple syrup and pecans.  And found THIS.  It looked so good!  So it's all ready to go in the oven when the stuffing's turn is over. 
I reduced the balsamic vinegar to 1 1/2 tsp. and will just add the pecans (skipping the roasting step because I'm lazy) about halfway through. 

ETA:  These are yummy!  Totally a keeper.  And, oops, I did not use butter!  I subbed olive oil. 

1/2 cup pecan halves
1/4 cup pure maple syrup

1/4 cup olive oil

1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

8 small (2 1/2 pounds) sweet potatoes, peeled

1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt or kosher salt

Freshly ground pepper, to taste


No comments:

Post a Comment