Friday, January 14, 2011

Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Egg Free Drop Biscuits

I have been working on biscuits for a long time.  Just when I seemed to get a recipe down, it wouldn't turn out the next time I made them.  My husband took these on too, and we got to a point where they were, well, just okay.  I've been experimenting a bit with almond flour, thanks to Elana's Pantry (link on my sidebar).  I think I finally figured out a recipe that works for us.  And the cinnamon raisin variation is a favorite with my kids.

DROP BISCUITS

1 1/2 c. almond flour
1 c. sorghum or rice flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. xanthan gum
1 tbsp. ener-g egg replacer
2 tsp. agave nectar
4 tbsp. coconut or grapeseed oil
1/2-3/4 c. water or safe milk

directions

in a large bowl, mix dry ingredients, including egg replacer.  with  a fork, cut in agave and oil.  Add water and mix completely.  Drop biscuits onto a baking sheet with a large spoon or ice cream scoop.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 minutes or til lightly browned on top.

cinnamon raisin version: 

-add 1 tsp. cinnamon to the dry ingredients
-up agave to 4 tsp.
-after mixing biscuits, gently incorporate 1/3 c. raisins into the batter. 
-bake as usual

makes 12 biscuits



No comments:

Post a Comment