Sunday, March 20, 2011

Roasted Red Bell Peppers

I'd been buying jarred roasted red peppers for years, but once I figured out how easy it is to roast them myself, there's been no turning back.  (I'm sure everyone else already knows how simple it is, but just in case, I thought I'd do a post on it.) 



Roasted red peppers are SO YUMMY!  They are great in pasta dishes of all sorts, as well as in paella and salads and salad dressings. 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Wash peppers.
Optional:  Rub on a little cold pressed olive oil.
Set upright on a baking sheet.
Bake for 45 minutes, turning every fifteen minutes.
Remove from oven and cool.
Carefully (check for hot spots) remove skin.
Eat within 3-4 days or freeze.

These are a few recipes with roasted red pepper potential:





No comments:

Post a Comment